Pasta with Tomato and Basil – Fancy Easy Recipe
The Pasta with Tomato and Basil is an absolute fancy yet simple mixture of blasting flavors. Pasta with Tomato and Basil recipe is one of the easiest pasta dish to prepare on a weekend dinner date with friends and family. If you have limited prep time, Pasta with Tomato and Basil Recipe will be your top choice!
- Pasta of your choice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups torn fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
HOW TO COOK Pasta with Tomato and Basil
- Prepare all the ingredients and kitchen utensils needed.
- First things first, cook the pasta according to the package directions. If you plan on making a fresh batch of homemade pasta, cook until al dente and drain fully.
- Meanwhile, bring out a skillet and heat the oil over medium-high heat. Start add the tomatoes and cook until they burst and release their juices. (This will take for about 5 minutes) Season well with salt and pepper, then add the garlic. Reduce heat while continue cooking; stirring occasionally, until the pasta is finally done. Note: Add the basil to the tomatoes Just before draining the pasta, and stir.
- Remove pan from heat. Drain the pasta and place it in a serving dish. Spoon the tomato mixture over the top; sprinkle with the Parmesan, if desired; and serve.