Pesto Pasta Recipe – Keeping It Simple and Delicious
Pesto Pasta Recipe is a perfect dish on summer days. This summer recipe of presto pasta is an all-time favorite by kids after a sweaty day outside. This dish is actually just a basic one but it is super yummy!
- 1 pound spaghetti or any other pasta you prefer
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and stemmed and finely packed
- 2 tomatoes, cut into large slices
- ¾ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste (You can use kosher salt)
How To Cook The Pesto Pasta Recipe:
- Prepare all the ingredients needed.
- The first thing to cook is the spaghetti pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. You can follow the instructions written on the package directions. But if you’re going to use homemade pasta wait until al dente. Fully drain the pasta and set aside a cup of the cooking water.
- While waiting for the pasta is cooking, blend the garlic cloves and pine nuts in a food processor, wait until chopped. Start then adding the basil and olive oil, wait until a paste forms. Lastly, add cheeses, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the hot pasta with the pesto and add the reserved cooking water ¼ cup at a time or until saucy.
- Finish with fresh tomato slice toppings, season well with salt and pepper and garnish with more parmesan cheese.