Roasted Red Pepper Pasta – #simplylicious
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Recipe is a super simple meal. It requires so little time for preparation, ready to try it on? Let’s start cooking!
- Pasta of your choice
- 16 ounce roasted red peppers or 2 roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 handfuls fresh arugula or watercress
- 8 ounces fresh buffalo mozzarella or burrata cheese, torn
- crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste fresh figs + toasted pine nuts, for serving (optional)
How To Cook The Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Prepare all the ingredients and kitchen utensils needed.
- Start combining the sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, garlic, parmesan, nuts, salt and pepper in a food processor or blenderuntil the mixture is smooth.
- Bring out a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook the pasta of your choice, following the instructions on the package label or if you’re making homemade pasta wait until al dente. Set aside a cup of the pasta cooking water when draining. Start mixing in the pasta and the roasted red pepper sauce along with the 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water. Toss thoroughly to combine. Add the basil and toss. Thin the sauce as desired with more pasta cooking water.
- Serving suggestion: Garnish the pasta with mozzarella toppings, nuts and figs. Enjoy!